Collins Aerospace Systems has received a contract modification from the US Air Force for its newest Fast-Jet reconnaissance pod, the MS-110 Multispectral Airborne Reconnaissance system, the company announced on 9 March.
The newer MS-110 is a step-change advance in airborne reconnaissance, providing capabilities that are unmatched by targeting pods or sensors mounted internally, including:
- High-resolution imagery at long/stand-off ranges for peacetime boarder surveillance or high-threat combat scenarios;
- Advanced multispectral imagery (colour and false-colour composites) to detect targets with a higher degree of confidence or in poor weather/atmospheric conditions;
- Wide-area coverage in high resolution;
- Flexible planning/re-tasking for real-time dynamic operational changes by aircrew;
- SCi-Toolset, a suite of software to help end users extract critical intelligence from the MS-110’s imagery.
“The combination of spatial and spectral resolution modalities provides customers with an exponential increase in intelligence-gathering capabilities against challenging targets,” commented Kevin Raftery, VP/GM, ISR and Space Solutions for Collins Aerospace.