Canadian developer of night vision, thermal imaging and fusion thermal devices, GSCI Advanced Photonics, has released the latest in a long line of developments using the company’s patented fusion technology – the QUADRO-VS.
Since first designing a night divison device nearly three decades ago, GSCI engineers have continued to innovate, resulting in a series of distinctive devices that offer end users an expanded feature set and higher reliability than any other on the market, the company states. The QUADRO-VS consists of a cross-platform mobile fusion system for ground vehicles, unmanned aircraft, guard towers and other applications in which safety is at stake and uncompromised detection is a must.
“GSCI has taken a few extra steps in the fusion technology development with the QUADRO-VS […] The device allows disengaging vehicle headlights, to avoid unwanted attention and to reduce the risk of exposure, yet maintaining the user’s ability to safely operate the said vehicle, with the QUADRO-VS’s ability to detect and recognise objects and/or people with real-time and delay-free transmission of the fused image,” explains one of the company’s engineers.
The unit is ruggedly built, light-weight (less than 350g) and offers easy installation with both vertical and horizontal positions.
Additional features include:
• Five Operation Modes: Thermal, Day, Night, Day-Fusion, and Night-Fusion for a variety of lighting and environmental conditions;
• Super wide Field of View offering excellent Situation Awareness;
• An Anti-Ambush Aid for Hostile Environments - helping users to neutralize possible threats in advance - with the wide Field Of View, only 7 QUADRO-VS systems installed around a perimeter create panoramic 360° view, allowing true, real time continuous perimeter observation and detection for tactical purposes.
• Remote In-Vehicle Operation; and
• A Fully-Passive Undetectable System - does not emit any light, heat, laser or any other type of radiation.