Ventura Defense and Hexagon’s Geospatial Division announced a partnership for high-end C2 systems at IDEX on 22 February.
At the same time, Ventura announced the launch of its 1Command suite of tactical-level C2 systems aimed at the connected battlefield environment. The suite includes:
- 1C-FCS, an open battle management system for the tactical level;
- 1C-ACS, a system for managing indirect fire;
- 1C-FOS, a forward observer system for target and impact point acquisition;
- 1C-MAS, a mortar aiming system for mortars and other indirect fire weapons;
- 1C-ALAKRAN, manages combat operations for Ventura´s ALAKRAN mortar carrier.
The qualification and integration of Hexagon’s Luciad software into 1Command was successfully achieved in 2020, making Hexagon the preferred supplier of geospatial software for all projects involving Ventura Defense systems. The Luciad portfolio provides Ventura with a platform for building situational awareness and real-time location intelligence solutions, allowing customers to visualize operations in 2D and 3D with rich and flexible styling options.
Luciad “helps simplify and accelerate our customers’ journey to achieve intelligent and connected operations by delivering continuous innovation in data integration, visualisation and analysis,” said José Luis Peinado, VP of Hexagon’s Geospatial division.
“Our industry expertise together with Hexagon solutions and capabilities make us a truly unique partner in this offering, and we plan to deliver a unique experience to our customers that reflects this expertise,” added Ventura Defense CEO, Leon Bitar.