Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., developer and manufacturer of land, naval air, space and cyber systems, is participating at EUROSATORY 2018 in Paris, unveiling a number of new systems and capabilities in the areas of ground precision attack, land operations fire management, integrated air defence, electro-optical loitering munition for light, tactical dismounted forces and active protection for 8x8 vehicles.
Among the unveiled new systems are:
Integrated all-in-one air defence based on the operational and combat-proven IRON DOME system, which has achieved more than 1,700 combat interceptions at a success rate of over 90% (according to the company). Highly mobile, dual mission Very Short Range (VSHORAD) integrated air defence and counter rocket, artillery and mortar (C-RAM) System, integrated on a single vehicle. It provides protection of motorised or mechanised troops, as well as point air defence of military/industrial/administrative installations.
In addition, Rafael will exhibit the following systems:
- SKYCEPTOR (DAVID’s SLING Interceptor): Advanced multi-mission interceptor against a variety of asymmetric short-range tactical ballistic missiles, inexpensive large calibre rockets, cruise missiles and unmanned aerial systems.
- C-DOME: A naval defence system designed to effectively protect combat vessels against a large set of modern threats, using the combat-proven IRON DOME interceptor.
- SPYDER SR/MR: Family of short and medium range air defence systems using the i-DERBY and PYTHON-5 missiles.
- MIC4AD: Modular, integrated C4I air & missile defence.
- SPIKE Family: Spike SR, LR/MR, LR2, ER, NLOS – Airborne, precise, multi-purpose tactical EO missiles, for ranges of 1.5-30km, with 29 customers and 29,000 missiles delivered.
- TROPHY: Combat-proven APS for armoured platforms (heavy, medium and light weight vehicles), installed on Israeli MERKAVA tanks and NAMER APC’s.
- SAMSON RWS family: Offered in six land configurations and two naval configurations (TYPHOON and Mini-TYPHOON Weapon Stations).
- DRONE DOME: An innovative end-to-end drone detection and neutralisation system designed to provide effective airspace defence against hostile unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV). DRONE DOME has 360° circular coverage and is designed to detect, track, and neutralise drones either by jamming their communication or destroying them using a laser beam.