Global operational feedback over several years has prompted the development of a new-generation high-performance weapon-mounted ballistic calculator, which FN Herstal has released under the name FN ELITY, the company announced on 17 February.
The device can be mounted on any squad or sniper team weapon or spotter scope and comes as standard with the following features:
- a laser range finder that can measure a human-size target at ranges up to 1,750m;
- visible and infrared laser pointers;
- an infrared illuminator with variable light intensity and adjustable beam cone;
- a ballistic solver, developed by ApexO, that provides real-time shooting corrections and goes beyond
- classic G1,G7 drag coefficients to calculate bullet trajectory;
- embedded sensors (temperature, pressure, humidity, elevation angle) providing data to
- fine-tune shooting corrections according to the environment;
- n Android app, based on ApexO software and using Bluetooth to configure the ballistic solver for improved user experience;
- the latest-generation OLED screen for the most difficult weather and light conditions.
FN ELITY is the best available asset to increase first-round hit probability at long range, the company claims. It provides additional state-of-the-art designation capabilities, while being one of the most compact systems currently available, delivering a tactical edge advantage for soldiers and law enforcement professionals alike.